Saturday, October 1, 2011

day 9

Proverbs 4:20-23

Common English Bible (CEB)
Be careful about what you say
 20 My son, pay attention to my words.
   Bend your ear to my speech.
21 Don’t let them slip from your sight.
   Guard them in your mind.
22 They are life to those who find them,
   and healing for their entire body.
23 More than anything you guard,
protect your mind, for life flows from it.
 another version

Proverbs 4:20-23

The Message (MSG)
Learn It by Heart
 20-22 Dear friend, listen well to my words;
   tune your ears to my voice.
Keep my message in plain view at all times.
   Concentrate! Learn it by heart!
Those who discover these words live, really live;
   body and soul, they're bursting with health.
Todays daily step is to write down the facts about a situation you are in and then balance that with what are the truth from Gods word.
So my situation is mother in law is moving to Dayton. We are having it tight financially and i worry about it . I am only getting 12 hours at work hoping to get this other job still be doing same job but said i could work both. I need this job , Ive prayed and prayed about it . 
Fact gods word -
1 Kings 9:3
The Message (MSG)
 3-5 And God said to him, "I've listened to and received all your prayers, your ever-so-passionate prayers. Maybe this is speaking to me.
So i thought maybe i was doing it wrong --- looked it up online

How to Pray

Edited byJames Quirk and 71 others
Article Edit Discuss History
Pray
In the broadest sense, to pray is to make a request in a humble manner.[1] The term to pray is now often used to refer to religious prayers: to commune with a spirit or deity that you believe in. It's something that hunter-gatherers, ancient Egyptians and Greeks, and followers of today's major religions share in common. While the rituals and conventions of prayer may vary widely, the intention is the same--to renew one's spiritual connection with a power outside themselves. --Wikihow.com

Hmm humble I go humbley before the lord god.  Now what? 
How to Pray When Your Situation is Desperate
What if you feel backed into a corner? Your job, finances, or marriage may be in trouble and you wonder how to pray when danger threatens. David, a man after God’s own heart, knew that feeling, as King Saul pursued him across the hills of Israel, trying to kill him. The slayer of the giant Goliath, David understood where his strength came from:
"I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:1-2, NIV)
Desperation seems more the norm than the exception in the Bible. The night before his death, Jesus told his confused and anxious disciples how to pray at such times:
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me." (John 14:1, NIV)
When you feel desperate, trusting in God calls for an act of the will. You can pray to the Holy Spirit, who will help you overcome your emotions and put your trust in God instead. This is hard, but Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit as our Helper for times like these.
God desires our praise. You can shout, sing, dance, laugh, and cry with tears of joy. Sometimes your finest prayers have no words at all, but God, in his infinite goodness and love, will understand perfectly. 
So guess what problem solved. I just have to do what Im doing and keep praying maybe i wont get this job but I have to trust in god because we know he has plans for me to prosper.

Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment